Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Ultimate Actor

When it comes to movies and actors it is hard to think of any good ones without having Johnny Depp come to mind. My two favorite Johnny Depp movies are definitely Pirates of the Caribbean and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp plays two incredibly different roles in both of these movies and you are able to see his true diversity and talent. In Pirates of the Caribbean Depp plays Captain Jack Sparrow who is an infamous pirate captain who always seems to be in a bit of trouble. Johnny Depp was the perfect character for this and I feel like he truly made the movie a success. My favorite scene from Pirates of the Caribbean is when Johnny Depp is left on an island and he immediately goes for the rum to start drinking and having a nice vacation. This is a true pirate mentality and Depp did a perfect job with the part, especially in this humorous scene. On the other hand of the spectrum we have Johnny Depp playing Willy Wonka who is the crazy and lonely candy factory owner. In this movie we see Johnny Depp act in a way that we never would have expected after seeing Pirates of the Caribbean. My favorite scene in this movie is when he dances inside the factory, and my reason for this is because she shows a true eccentric side which is perfect for Willy Wonka. Out of these two movies Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite, but only because I felt like the movie plot line was more interesting and action packed. In the past few weeks I have become extremely excited about the newest Johnny Depp movie directed by Tim Burton. The new movie is Sweeney Todd where Depp will be playing the barbershop killer Sweeney Todd, which of course is a perfect roll for him. I am very excited for this and I suggest you visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace and start feeling the buzz! Trust me everyone this is an awesome movie and I couldn't think of anyone better to play Sweeney Todd, so go online and visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site, I know you will like it.


No comments: