Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bear Stearns to be taken over.

It has been predicted for sometime now but tomorrow we will see it happen, Bear Stearns will be sold for $2 a share to JP Morgan. This is a huge deal for JP Morgan, and a horrible deal for anyone who owns stock in Bear Stearns. Only a few months ago these stockholders were prosperous with prices above $150 a share, but today they have their last days with Bear Stearns at a price in the $30 range. The deal will involve all shareholders in Bear Stearn to have their shares converted into roughly .7 percent of 1 share of stock in JP Morgan, which is a number figure for "bad deal". I personally think that the best way to play this deal to make some cash is by waiting until a week from monday allowing everything to settle and for JP Morgan to calm, and then I would look over the general statistics and decide if JP Morgan is worth the investment. I do believe that JP Morgan will go down a bit this week but quickly recover for a long up run in the weeks to follow. This is my opinion and I am speaking for myself. I will give more messages along the way stating my personal opinions so do not forget to look for new info.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

carmilevy said...

From the looks of it, they're increasing the value of the offer - still fire sale, but 5x more than before.

I've posted my Wordless Wednesday contribution here:
http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2008/03/wordless-wednesday-pac-man-found-dead.html

I hope you'll drop by and say hi,

Have a great rest-of-WW. All the best!

Carmi